About Microblading And MicroShading
Read. Scroll Down. Book Online
To see more before and afters please visit our social media websites.
How Long Does It Take?
- What Is Microblading? Microblading, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery is a procedure categorized under permanent makeup, but unlike traditional cosmetic tattooing, it is less invasive and is considered semi-permanent. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type and skincare routine. The procedure is done by using a hand tool with ultra fine needles and each "hair" is gently etched into the skin, giving an incredible natural and realistic look. Microblading can dramatically correct or fully reconstruct lost eyebrow and is excellent for those wanting to enhance their brows. Pigments used are chosen to match the natural desired brow color and skin tone will also be taken into consideration.
For the first session, the entire procedure takes about 2 hours. During this session, I will shape and style your brow for your approval. Then, follow with pigment color selection. Once you are satisfied with the choices, we begin the procedure.
The client is to come in for a followup visit in order to have any minor necessary touch ups. The second microblading session takes place after 4-6 weeks after the initial session. This session takes approximately 1.5hrs to complete.
How Long Does It Take To Heal?
The eyebrow area will be slightly red after the procedure and color will appear very dark. This is normal for the procedure and part of the healing process. The color will fade by up to 40% as it heals. In the following days, the eyebrows will continue to be dark and yu will notice slight scabbing. Do not pick at the scab as this may damage the skin and the outcome of the microbladed area. The eyebrow will lighten up in color as it heals. It takes approximately 7-14 days for the brows to heal over, and about 1 month for the color to fully set in. You"ll notice the color is very light right after the two weeks after healing; the skin will have an opaque milky looking quality to it. This is known as the milk skin and is common in tattooing. This is due to the tissue still healing from the inside out, even though the surface of the skin is healed. True color will reveal itself once healed.
Is The Touch Up Session Necessary?
Yes! A touch up session after 4-6 weeks is necessary as everyone heals differently and outcome will vary. Certain areas may not pick up during your first session and will need to be refilled. Pigment color may need to be adjusted, brow thickness and more strokes can be added. Individuals with oily skin often require a deeper shade during the touch up session as the oils tend to lighten up pigment. Most importantly, your touch up session is when we refine your brows to ensure it looks PERFECT and retains the color for the entire year!
Can I Get My Touch Up Session Sooner Than 4 Weeks?
Touch up sessions should not be done earlier than 4 weeks after the initial procedure as pigment color has not fully settled into the skin. Most importantly, this is to prevent scar damage as the tissure requires times to completely heal.
Is It Painful?
The pain level for the procedure is considered mild to none. Prior to the procedure I will apply a topical anesthetic to numb the area, and also reapply during the entire procedure as needed. Everyone responds differently to the anesthetic; depending on the client, the feeling of the procedure has been described as light cat scratches to not feeling anything. Topical anesthetic may contain lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine and epinephrine. If you are allergic to any of these anesthetics I will not be able to apply the numbing agent to the area.
After the procedure, redness and slight swelling in the areas is normal. Clients describe the area feeling similar to a light sunburn. Clients can take Tylenol but NO asprin, or ibuprofen since it thins out the blood.
How Long Does It Last?
Since microblading pigments are not implanted into the skin as deep as traditional tattoos, the area will naturally fade over time. Microblading typically lasts 1-3 years, depending on skin type (normal, oily, dry), age (youthful, mature). Skincare routine will also affect the lasting effects of the pigment: clients who tan, uses products with AHA or Glycolic Acids, Chemical Peels will fade faster as your skin will exfoliate faster. Each individual's color retention within the skin will vary. To maintain brows looking fresh, a touch up is suggested every 12 months. Clients can let the microbladed area fade over time, but please note a slight shadow may remain.
But what is microshading? Microshading is done using hand tool with a round configured needles. This technique creates a soft powdered effect which resembles eyebrow makeup or powder. It’s very similar to microblading but instead of hair strokes a fuller, softer effect is created! Results typically last a year longer than Microblading alone. .
Who is NOT Suitable For The Microblading Procedure?
Please do not book this service if you have the following.
Before Microblading Instructions
- Using Accutane or it has been less than a year since Accutane
- Have a heart condition or using heart medication
- Have diabetes (will require a physicians note)
- Have skin disease or irritations
- Have had Botox in the last 2 weeks
- Have gotten a deep tan or chemical peels in the last 2 weeks
- Allergic to lidocaine, prilocaine, benzocaine, tetracaine,or epinephrine
- Anyone who has a serious medical condition (will require a physicians note)
- Pregnant or nursing clients
- Skin that keloids
- HIV or hepatitis conditions
Prior to your procedure, we advise the following:
Feel free to come in with your brow makeup on so I can see your every day look. Reference pictures of shapes and colors of brows are always welcomed. We will then work together according to your face structure and measurements to create the perfect brow for you.
After Care Instructions
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- Avoid tanning a week prior to the procedure so we can assess your natural skin tone
- Do not exercise the day of the procedure
- Do not drink too much coffee the day of your procedure
- No botox for 4 weeks prior to the procedure
- No face scrubs, chemical peels 2 weeks prior.
- Stop using Retin A or AHA products for 2 weeks prior to the procedure
- No laser procedures for 1 month prior to the procedure
- No Microdermabrasion or dermaplaning 2 weeks prior
Please remember: Your procedure will begin to oxidize immediately. This will cause the pigment to become darker, bolder, or red. DO NOT be alarmed, this dark color will fade during the next few days.
- Within 2 hours after the procedure, clean brows using a q tip and lightly moisten with distilled or cooled downed boiling water. Gently wipe away the old healing balm and any lymphatic liquid (clear yellowish liquid) that may have build up. Lightly pat dry with tissue and using a new q-tip, re-apply healing balm to the brows.
- Make sure to apply a light layer of healing balm morning and night to brows for at least 3 days.
- Do not over apply healing balm
- Do not immerse brow area in water for 10 days. When showering, make sure to avoid the face area. When cleaning or washing face, make sure to avoid brows and clean around it.
- Do NOT put makeup on the brow area for 10 days. Microbladed area is an open wound, using makeup may cause infections.
- Avoid alcohol and aspirin/ibuprofen and any vitamins that may thin your blood for 24 hours.
- Brow area will feel slightly itchy as it heals and will start to scab over. DO NOT peel or pick at these scabs as this can affect the outcome and pigmentation.
- Do not go swimming, tanning or into saunas for 2 weeks after
- No heavy exercise for at least 10 days.
- No face scrubs or chemical peels at least 2 weeks after
Other pigment fading or loss may occur. Some flaking off of the pigment is normal on some skin types; the pigment may sometimes disappear only to re-appear a few days or weeks later. Any pigment loss will be recovered at touch up.
How Much Does It Cost?
Microblading Consultation $35 (If you go ahead with the procedure this consultation fee will go towards your microblading session)
Microblading Session $500
Microblading plus Shading $585
Touch up at 6 weeks is $125
Clients with oilier skins or sensitive skins may require a second touch up after their first touch up at another 4 weeks and the price for that is $85
Check out our specials page in case we are offering a promotion on this service
Book this service online
Eyelash Extensions 101
FIRST…A LITTLE ON “LASH THEORY”
It’s truly feminine to feel beautiful. A thicker lash line will always add visual intrigue to a pair of ordinary of peepers, but the rub is finding a place you can call home.
The artistry of lash extensions is more than creating a precise bond of adhesive to a truly isolated eyelash. Beautiful authentic looking lashes are expressed in more than one dimension than length and thickness. A living set is more than than just the sum of lash lengths. The lashes you want are more than a “look” you pulled from a page of your favorite magazine.
You want to look naturally beautiful, effortlessly chic. There are many pathways to a beautiful full lash line, and at Nathaly Tanner Lash & Brows we have a systematic approach to assessing and creating dynamically lush and full lash line.
Lashes grow as individuals, not as a team. Knowing how to read the stages of growth of each individual hair is the key.
There are six specific variables beyond length and thickness such as angle and shape that influence the authentic outcome.
Eyes and lids come in all different shapes, and a successful artist keeps in mind the perspective she’s working on is not the perspective of the wearer. The successful lash artist must be guided by a discipline that holds both views in her sight.Beautiful lashes are the marriage of technical precision and smart design. Nathaly Tanner Lash & Brows creates precise and placed right extensions.
CAN I WEAR CONTACTS?
CAN I WEAR MASCARA WITH MY EXTENSIONS?
Absolutely NOT. With our extensions you can retire the mascara. Mascara with extensions add more weight to your natural lashes breaking them prematurely. So retire that mascara!
HOW MANY LASHES DO YOU PUT ON?
We try to put on 120-150 lashes on per eye. Now some people have less and some of our guests ask to have less. No matter what we will make sure your lashes look full. We can make natural lash sets as well as dramatic lash sets.
HOW LONG WILL MY APPOINTMENT TAKE?
Your first appointment with us will take 2-3 hours for a full set of lashes, depending on the lash set you start with. MegaVolume lashes usually takes 3 hours for the initial appointment. Classic and volume sets about 2 hours. After your first appointment, it will take 1-2 hours for a fill.
WHAT SHOULD I DO BEFORE I COME IN FOR MY LASHES?
Please remove all your makeup around your eyes before you come in. If you don’t have the time, we’ll provide make up remover so you can use it when your arrive. Clean lashes = longer retention
HOW LONG WILL MY EXTENSIONS LAST?
For most of our clients, they last at least 4 weeks. Some people can go as long as 5 weeks while some need to come in every 2-3 weeks. It all depends on how fast your lashes grow, how much make up you wear, lash hygiene and how good you are about taking care of your eyelashes by not using glycol or products with oils. Clients with oilier skins may require 2 week fills. Oil free products are important to use to maintain lash retention.
WHAT FACTORS EFFECT RETENTION?
-Products used (during and after application)
-Lifestyle and outside factors (lash cycle, sweating, swimming, medications)
-Genetics (which we can’t control this, but can help prolong Lash cycle with a lash serum)
-Not Cleansing - Or worse, using a non lash extensions safe cleanser, can kill your retention. Oils, and bacteria build up on lashes with daily touching and life. Cleansing can help remove oils from skin and makeup and salts from working out, crying, swimming. Removing salts and oils will give you weeks more of healthy, soft extension wear. Cleansers should be oil and glycol free and specifically formulated to hydrate natural lashes without oils, while killing bacteria.
-Makeup - Using the wrong eye makeup can be the worst culprit to lash retention. Many eyeliners have oils in them that can cause the bases of the lash extensions to pop or clump. Mascaras can cause volume fans to clump and adhesives to soften. Oils and glycol should be avoided in the lash area and care should be taken when removing any products with oils that they get removed to the sides and not through the lash line.
WHAT KIND OF ADHESIVE DO YOU USE?
The type of adhesive we use for lash extension application is called a cyanoacrylate.
THERE ARE SILK AND MINK LASHES – WHAT KIND DO YOU USE? WHAT ARE THE LASHES MADE OF?
Many manufacturers call their products “mink” and “silk” but most are synthetic.
We use 100% polyester fiber extensions. They have cute names like “silk” and “mink” but they aren’t actually made of the stuff, they’re synthetic.
We stock an extremely wide selection of lash lengths, thicknesses, and curl shapes - far beyond the typical “start-up lash kits” available to professionals. This variety ensures you the best look for your eyes - not just the most popular sizes.
MOST REPUTABLE PLACES DO INDIVIDUAL LASHES. IS THIS WHAT YOU DO?
Yes. But the smart consumer understands that individual extensions can still be applied without care or despite very good intentions, flat out wrong. In the hands of the unskilled, individual lashes can be incorrectly applied resulting in clumped eyelashes and less desirable results. Our approach delivers consistent authentic lashes that will preserve the integrity of your lashes.
DO EXTENSIONS CAUSE YOUR LASHES TO FALL OUT?
No, not when they are precisely bonded and placed right. When lashes are done with the active growth phase, they will shed normally. Our lashes are known to shed singly. If extensions are the wrong fit or stuck together they can fall out together, pulling out in clusters or clumps. Your lashes are given individualized attention and are isolated and precisely bonded. They are matched to the right variable and placed right according to your unique anatomy.
WHAT IS THE AFTERCARE LIKE?
Now that you have beautiful lush lashes take note of these tips to maintain them. With proper care and fills your eyelashes can last indefinitely.
- Do not get your eyelashes wet for the first two hours.
- Do not use a spa, sauna or pool for the first 24 hours. The extensions need that amount of time to properly bond.
- Avoid pulling or rubbing your eyes.
- Do not use eyelash curlers with your extensions. With proper application you will not need them.
- ONLY use oil-free makeup remover. If your eyelashes are tangled or crossed over, use the Spoolie given to you during your appointment to gently brush them straight and put them in place. Do not pull on your extensions.
- Proper hygiene is very important. Please keep lashes clean by regular washing.
- After showering avoid rubbing lashes, it best to blot them with a towel and let them air dry.
- You can also dry the lashes by using a hair dryer on the cool setting and blowing them dry from the bottom up. It makes them curlier and fluffy.
- Use care when applying facial and eye creams to avoid the lash line. Too many oil-based products can break down the adhesive.
- We recommends touch-up fills appointments every two to four weeks to maintain your new eyelash extensions.